Thursday 6 October 2016

He saved me because he loved me

Image result for deer in richmond park


Thursday morning

The Irish broadcaster Feargal Keane describes a moving scene - all his life he had had a love -hate relationship with his father - after his father's death when he had the job of sorting out his fsther's flat he found a bible with the psalms very heavily marked, especially psalm 87 which underlined the words "as for me Lord I called on you for help, in the morning you answered my prayer"

Looking again today at the Table of the Word, particularly the psalms.  It is our prayer book as it would have been the prayer book of Christ.  Real and raw there is no human emotion that is not in the psalms.

Temptation in the Wilderness - Christ quoting Scripture to refute the Scriptural quotes from the Devil.

From the Office - "in the Scripture, by the Spirit, may we see the Saviour's face"

Psalm 17 - a psalm for all seasons, beginning in the bright morning, the ebb and flow of our lives.  "God reached down to me, he saved me because loved me."

Habakkuk -  even though the fig does not blossom....

Psalm 49 - Call on me in the day of your distress, I will free you and you will honour me. 

Psalm 33 - Glorify the Lord with me.

Look to the Lord and be radiant

Ending with a hymn from the Office - the love that we have wasted, O God of Love, renew.  God as the ultimate recycler - all the rubbish in life turned to good.

No comments:

Post a Comment