Monday 3 October 2016

The promises


Image result for pictures of richmond park


Matthew chapter 14 22-23

St Augustine - "for Christian who feel they are drowning, withdraw and find Christ within who has the power to still the inner tempest as he stilled the waves of Galilee."

Lord, increase our faith.  

Tagore (Indian mystic) - Faith is that bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark.

We are Easter people, always looking towards the dawn ahead.

In time of trouble - inhabit the promises.  "I am with you always." "Do not let your hearts be troubled, trust in God still and trust in me." " Come to me when you are labouring and overburdened, and I will give you rest."

Look for the moments the Spirit gives, and breathe them in.

Therese of Lisieux, Teresa of Calcutta - the times of despair.  All of us have those times, and are fragile.  We look not to our own strength but to You.

Pope Benedict - "when we go through the doorway of faith, we begin a lifelong journey to begin an encounter with the person of Jesus Christ."

Pope Francis - "in God gift of faith we realise a great love offered to us."

Lord, I believe, help thou my unbelief.

Paul Murray - knowing God from own experience, witnessing to Him by the manner of one's life.  I say to my own doubting heart and my five agnostic senses "I know him."

Revelation 3 20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment